Explore our interactive information on Senior Wellness below and then be sure to scroll down further to the bottom of this webpage for additional resources. You can also return to the wellness home page.
Help with Addiction
- Find a local support group – call a Mental Health Connect navigator at (612) 312-3377
- Call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration national helpline, 800.662.HELP (4357), a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Want help to quit smoking? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention free quitSTART app
- Hopkins Activity Center Resources for
- Metro Mobility: Need transportation,
but health or disability prevents you from being able to use regular
fixed-route buses? Visit website or call
651.602.1111 to learn more or schedule a trip.
National Institute on Aging’s Maintaining a Healthy Weight Ideas
Health information on maintaining a healthy weight
- Sleep App Suggestions
Trouble sleeping? Check out The American Sleep Association
US Government help with financial issues
Financial and Legal Planning
Put a few basic documents in place to give guidance to your loved ones and ensure your future well-being.
Finances, important documents and important information
On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old (2018) by Parker Palmer
Drawing on eight decades of life and his career as a writer, teacher, and activist, Palmer explores the questions age raises and the promises it holds. “Old,” he writes, “is just another word for nothing left to lose, a time to dive deep into life, not withdraw to the shallows.”