Explore our interactive information on Physical Wellness below and then be sure to scroll down further to the bottom of this webpage for additional resources. You can also return to the wellness home page.
PHYSICAL WELLNESS OVERVIEW
- Get active
- Maintain your body
- Find a healthy weight
- Mind your metabolism
- Eat a healthier diet
- Build healthy habits
All Saints Groups
Saints on Bikes
Saints on Skis
Fitness at Home
As an alternative to expensive workout equipment and subscriptions, try some of these first, or seek out videos for yoga or exercise on YouTube and other free services.
- Home workout ideas ranging from a few minutes of core to aerobic fitness challenges
- 6 Free Fitness apps highlighted in Hip2 Save 2020
Community Fitness Centers
As you feel safe in the community during the pandemic and after, check out these wonderful local fitness centers.
- Hopkins Activity Center
Websites for Overall Nutrition Guidelines – Mediterranean Diet
Website Resources for Healthy Recipes
Apps to plan healthy meals, find recipes, and make your grocery lists:
Weight Loss Tracking Apps
Cooking for Wellbeing Interactive Cooking Class via Zoom (registration required)
If you or a family member are struggling with addiction
- Find a local support group – call a Mental Health Connect navigator at (612) 312-3377
- Call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration national helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Want help quitting smoking? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention free quitSTART app
HELP WITH SLEEP
- Trouble sleeping? Check out The American Sleep Association treatments and sleep APP suggestion
Need transportation, but health or disability prevents you from being able to use regular fixed-route buses? Visit Metro Mobility or call 651-602-1111 to learn more or schedule a trip.