The All Saints Story
Boldness began All Saints. In 1956, Gethsemane Lutheran in Hopkins resolved to begin a new worshiping community in Minnetonka. A group of active members ventured from their comfortable church home in order to plant a new congregation, which in 1957 became All Saints Lutheran Church. From these founders, All Saints inherited a legacy of empowered lay ministry, richly musical and diverse worship, dedicated service to people in need, and strong personal relationships.
See timeline below for a history of growth and pastoral leadership.
250 people leave Gethsemane Lutheran Church to start All Saints Lutheran Church. Pastor Bob Warren called as the first pastor. First service held April 14, 1957 in the old Glen Lake School.
Church membership: 213 baptized children, 114 Confirmed adults.1958
Church in the Woods site selected at Excelsior Boulevard and Woodland Road.1959
First sanctuary built with help from labor from All Saints, and occupied on April 19.
Present sanctuary built.
All Saints Preschool started.
Church membership: 613 baptized children, 808 confirmed adults.
Pastor Mike Hendrickson called as Associate Pastor.
Pastor Dennis Albrecht called as Senior Pastor.
Pastor Stephen Carlson called as Associate Pastor.
Dedication of new church school addition to church.
Pastor Gary Anderson called as Senior Pastor.
Pastor Sharon Betcher called as first female Associate Pastor.
All Saints Child Care Center started.
Church membership: 623 baptized children, 1556 confirmed adults.
Congregation authorizes building additional education space, Fellowship Hall, and remodeling of the sanctuary
Pastor Bill Lehman called as Associate Pastor.
Restructure of Church staff to better meet congregation needs: 3 clergy (one specializing in children & family), full time Administrator, full time Youth Director, full time Music Director.
Pastor Raita Neely called as Associate Pastor.
Pastor David Lindblom called as Senior Pastor.
Pastor Timothy Johnson called as Associate Pastor.
Pipe organ installed and dedicated
First mission trip to northern Mexico
Church membership: 696 baptized children, 1742 confirmed adults.
Pastors Neely and Johnson become Co-Pastors.
Church begins mission to Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in Mexico.
Pastor Sarah Bunge called as Associate Pastor.
Pastor Antonio Machado called as Pastor.
Pastor Heather Hammond called as Senior Pastor.
The congregation adopts an ambitious strategic plan, reflecting a renewed sense of mission and vision.
Pastor Jon Pederson called as Lead Pastor.